► Knowledge transfer at the UAB is formalised through contracts and agreements:
both parties act in equal conditions and work together to achieve a shared goal. In an agreement both parties tend to share the property rights to the achieved results.
one party contracts another to provide a service. Once the service has been carried out, the service provider presents an invoice. Usually, in these cases, the party that pays reserves all the rights to the results.ts.
► The most common models of agreement and contracts:
- Framework agreement: takes the form of an agreement and coordinates the actions of the participating parties with regard to research and technological development. It does not involve any economic consideration.
- Research contract: settled between two parties, the contract regulates a research project aimed at obtaining a product or previously defined result. The product/result may be protected by intellectual and industrial property rights.
- Consultancy contract: the objective of this contract is to advise and report on company issues described in the content of the agreement.
- The provision of research services: a contract that can be used in the absence of a research project aimed at obtaining previously defined results. The analysis service provided does not generate new knowledge.
- Training knowledge transfer (managed by the UAB Graduate School): It is based on the provision of educational services by renowned UAB academics. It is aimed at highly skilled professionals with specific and highly specialised training needs (updating and upgrading of knowledge).
- License Agreement: formalises the transfer of the use, manufacture and commercial exploitation of a patent.